YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, May 13, 2007


Today, Monica and I went to the highest point in Geneva. You see France beyond.

You can see France from pretty much anywhere here, but it doesn't stop amazing me--oh yes, that hill over there, that's a different country. You know, here is neutral territory and hasn't been touched for hundreds of years, but over there, all sorts of nasty things happened like a Nazi occupation. Yes, and they sing a different national song and have a different flag. They have a whole different culture, different heritage and government and history. It's just another country. No big deal.

Today was really lovely again. I went to church this morning, where I met an American who is currently living in Taiwan where she was born so she can connect with her heritage. She works for a newspaper there and is in Geneva for a conference. Some of the Relief Society sisters came and talked to me as well and had remembered me from the week before. I wish I wasn't as shy and that I could more easily connect with these people, wherever I find them.

No comments: