YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, May 11, 2007

My House





This is not Switzerland.

However, through the wonders of modern technology, I get to see what is happening at home. I have provided, for your viewing pleasure, pictures of the home I left and pictures of what my home has become.

Things are wrapping up in Switzerland. Yesterday, I went to a watch museum downtown. I went on my own, which meant it took me a long time to find it. I like it when I have other people to navigate for me. I also spent about five minutes in a museum of modern art. Very modern art. I was the only person there, besides the guard who was sitting eating a sandwitch. The whole combination--silent images projected onto big screens, dark rooms, strange smell, some guy sitting in the dark watching me--meant the overall effect was: creepy. I left.

I turned down the chance to go to an elementary school language fair (I think) this morning and I've been working on the paper. Not the most exciting thing ever, but I've been a little overwhelmed lately with being in unfamiliar situations, with strangers, in a foreign language. It is enlarging and enlightening, and I am glad I am here outside of the familiar, but it is fatiguing.

2 comments:

Holladay Duplex said...

Carrie,

You have the very coolest blog I have ever seen. It makes me want to start a brand new one, just to be as cool as you. I would say that it helps to be in Switzerland, but judging by your home sweet home entry, I think you could make a neat blog out of anything.

The thing that I think is the most ironic, though, is that the forbidden cemetary pictures WON'T LOAD on my computer. How creepy and cool is that?

Anyway, keep having fun! Gabe says hi. He threw up today, so you're not missing a thing.

Love you!

Em

Holladay Duplex said...

PS-- do you know our blog address? It's brad-and-emmy.blogspot.com. It's not as cool as yours, but it will suffice.