YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, May 5, 2007

Geneva (finally)



I've been in Geneva for almost a week now, and today I finally went downtown. Divya, a young woman from India who is also staying with Monica, went with me downtown this afternoon, and gave me a lovely walking tour. We went through the Old Town, where the church of the photo is (I climbed the tower and Divya waited for me at the bottom), and stopped at one of Geneva's famous coffee shops (where the hot chocolate was lovely). Each drink was served with a square of chocolate. An old woman sitting next to us gave hers to us.

We also walked around the buildings of the UN (the second photo is around here) and the botanical garden that is also right there. The Russian mission was having a party. They were blasting techno music from behind their barbed-wire-topped fences, and we saw the gate open for a silver BMW to drive out.

No comments: