YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, May 7, 2007


There are pictures I wish I could post, but that I never took. I wish I could post a picture of walking along the river yesterday, and one of the elementary school I visited today. The school looked like it was designed by Ikea. But I didn't have my camera.

Yesterday I went to church. It was a beautiful morning, and it was lovely making my way there and back. It felt good to be there--church meetings are something very familiar, even in other languages. I was suprised to find that a good fraction of the ward is composed of Spanish speakers. Hearing Spanish also made things feel more familiar!

After church and some lunch with Dyvia (I finally found out the correct way to write her name) and some reading, I went on a nice long walk. It was still a wonderful day. I ended up down by the river (which, I discovered looking at a map today, is the Rhone). Geneva doesn't seem to even try to erase graffiti, and so I saw some pretty impresive street art, too.

This morning I ended up talking to the Spanish-speaking house keeper for a long time before going off to observe a French as a second language class and visiting the elementary school. It was just recently built, and it is amazing--a glass cube, with colorful shades pulled down behind the windows. Inside, the desks and chairs are light-colored wood and everything was airy and bright--really, think Ikea. The students take their shoes off and put on slippers before entering the classroom.

This afternoon, I went shopping downtown with Simone. I bought a pair of sunglasses--at Claire's.

No comments: