YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Letter from 9 December 2009

Hello!

This week was transfer week...and I got transfered! That made seven months in my last area, Anyang stake. My new area is called Seoul Nam Stake (Seoul South Stake). The sisters serve in two wards here, Shilim and Dongjak. This might be my last area--thankfully enough. Packing is horrible! Thankfully here door-to-door shipping is common and inexpensive, so the bulk of my things are getting shipped, and I just dragged one suitcase on the subway to get here.

The new area is right near Seoul National University, for a way of locating it. The best university in Korea.

My new companion is Sister Lee Ja yeon (not Sister Lee Yae ji--different Sister Lee's). "Lee" is actually "Ee" in Korean anyway (I don't know why it gains a vowel in English), so for the sake of distinguishing between the two Sister Lee's, I'll just call her Sister Ee.

Yesterday things worked out to be able to meet Sister Byun who got baptized a few months ago and the Choi sisters who just got baptized a few weeks ago. It has been so wonderful to see Sister Byun, since she was baptized in August, grow and change. She is happier. She is working to reach out to her family and to help them. She serves in callings at the church--serves other people. And she has a testimony of Jesus Christ. That was the most difficult thing for her when she got baptized--believing in Christ. And now she believes in Him, trusts Him, follows Him, and finds strength in that. And that is so beautiful.

Love you!

--Carrie

No comments: