YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Letter from 30 December 2009

Hello and happy new year! Tomorrow morning, the first of the year, Shilim ward has asked us and the elders to attend their hiking activity with them. I guess they do it every year to welcome in the new year. Sister Ee's home ward does it, too. Should be exciting. I hope I don't freeze.

Last Sunday it snowed! Maybe two inches; snow usually doesn't stick, but it did, and it is beautiful! I had forgotten how much I like the snow. How you can see people's footprints, see where they've been. How things are quiter, muted. How beautiful snow is on the rooftops and trees. I am also tremendously grateful for good winter boots, and find great satisfaction in being able to walk through slush and banks of snow and it not effect me.

We met a new investigator yesterday for the English program. We haven't had many new investigators lately; I was so excited to meet her! Her first name is Oo joo--which means "space." In a not-weird-way, though, apparently--When Sister Ee heard it, she said, "Oh, pretty!"

Christmas this week, and a Christmas phonecall (a wonderful present!). A senior missionary couple hosted a bunch of missionaries at their house after that. Ate burritos and played Uno. That night, we met a new member and her two new member daughters and an old member for dinner, and one of the daughters had a temple reccommend interview after. Wonderful.

Have a wonderful week--and wonderful year! May it be the best one yet. I've been learning a lot about goals on my mission--appreciating them for the first time (I never was a goals person--until now). I'm seeing how when we set them, pray about them, work for them, things actually happen. I set some goals for the new year today. I'm excited for 2010. It should be a good one.

Lots of love,

Carrie

No comments: