YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Sculpting...


The sculpture workshop continues. I am working on a bas-relief in Caen stone. Today at lunch someone asked me where I was from, and someone else knew Mormons were connected with Utah, so we spent some time talking about that. We established that Mormons dress like normal people and don't have to live in Utah. This evening, we had a barbecue. I expalined the strength of the different swear words they recited to me in English. We told jokes; mine weren't always that funny after translating them into French or explaining "la chute"--the punchline--for the ones in English. Tiffann told me about smoking weed and Mathieu talked about why he is vegetarian. And Adeline, who is teaching the workshop, talked about sculpting.

1 comment:

Jess said...

"I expalined the strength of the different swear words they recited to me in English."

I just started cracking up when I read that. Oh goodness Carrie, I can't stop laughing.