YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Harry Potter Et L'Ordre Du Phénix


This is a photo of the Fnac (like Barnes and Noble) in Paris. The sign announces, rather nonchalantly, that Emma Watson and Rupert Grint will visit to chat at 6:30 on 4 July. It surprised me, I guess. I don't ever see things like that in Salt Lake.

I saw the fifth Harry Potter movie tonight. I liked it--except, towards the end the dramatic epic-battle-between-good-and-evil made me feel like my life was really rather uneventful.

I understood the movie, which was amazing. I had also seen the latest editions of "Pirates of the Caribbean" and "Shrek" while I've been here, and most of the story--delivered in French--just went over my head in those cases. A month or so down the road, though, and I understood practically all the dialogue in this movie--except for Snape, who mumbles. Or something.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Yes! Awesome, no? I loved it. Then again, I'm always gung-ho (is that the spelling?) over the movies. Except the last one... I wasn't nearly so fond of the last one as I am of the others.

You lucky, you got to see it in French! I've been listening to some french-language music lately (just one or two songs really), and I usually understand it after a few listens, but it takes me a bit. That's awesome that you understood it all, except for Snape. Snape didn't say anything of importance anyway - does he ever? He almost seems like filler. Heh heh, wink wink. I'm so excited to read what he does in deathly hallows. It's bound to be shocking!