YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, June 18, 2007

I Am On An Internship

So, my host family's wifi connection hasn't been in action for the past week--the reason for the lack of recent entries. However, live from the desk of the Maison de Junesse et de Culture, here is a brief portrait of my internship here at the MJC of Duclair:

-Hanging out with a Ukranian high school acting group
-Getting shown around Duclair
-Working on a PowerPoint presentation ("diaporama," a word I can't ever remember) of the photos from last summer's arts festival
-Walking along the Seine during lunch breaks
-Taking pictures of Duclair
-Cutting flyers
-Folding flyers
-Stuffing envelopes with flyers
-Redoing the PowerPoint presentation of the photos from last summer's arts festival
-Trying to get the new projector to work with this laptop
-Wishing I knew more about computers
-Listening to a whole lot of French
-Saying "what?" a lot
-Hanging out with the kids in after school program
-Being weirded out by the double cheek kiss with the people I work with
-Gluing together a diorama for the after school program kids' project of what Duclair will be like in 50 years
-Explaining that I really don't know anything about computers

No comments: