YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, November 27, 2009

Letter from 26 November 2009

Hello, and Happy Thanksgiving!

We went to the Osan military base today for a Thanksgiving. The family who hosted us had lived there since August; before that they spent six years in Italy. Going to the base was such a strange sensation. I could understand all the chatterings (in English) that were going on around me. We walked into their house and they told us we could keep our shoes on. I started to eat my dinner and went to pick up my fork with my right hand, and thought it was the oddest thing in the world that it was on the left (I actually switched the fork with the knife and spoon before I realized that the place setting was actually correct, and I've just been eating with chopsticks for so long that I didn't remember that the fork really does go on the left).

Strange things.

Other news: we set a baptism date this week! Hooray! I've been in this area for over six months now--I don't know if I will still be here when Eu reem does get baptized. If I am or not, it's still happy!

So little email time today...sorry! Hope to share more adventures next week!

I send my love,

Carrie

No comments: