YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Letter from 18 November 2009

Hello! Hello from Sanbon, Korea!

It's getting COLD! It's been almost one year since I've been in Korea, and things are coming full circle. Things were bare and cold when I got here. And it's getting chilly again! It reminds me, though, of what I've already experienced in Korea, and that's fun to look back on.

We had a neat experience this week. An appointment cancelled, and Sister Park and I took some dinner time to regroup a little bit. We looked at some rolls and picked a member in the area, called her up. She happened to be home. I hadn't seen her at church before, but we don't get to attend in that area very often. It turns out she hasn't really gone for five or ten years now, though her son still goes. She gave us fruit and dumplings and warm milk, and we talked for awhile. Before we left, she offered to say a closing prayer. I was grateful we happened to have time, happened to be near, and she happened to be home.

The other night, after a lesson with the family from North Korea, the member who had taught with us and her husband offered to drive us home--about 40 minutes, a long way. I was so grateful, though--not just that we were on time, but for how they chatted with us, told us how they met, what's important to them, about school and their missions. I'm so grateful for these people.

Have a great week!

--Carrie

No comments: