YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Letter from 20 August 2009

I promised Sister Lee just ten more minutes four minutes ago--I have to write quick! We went with other missionaries to a war memorial museum today, and there isn't much time for email! It was good--learned some new things.

I wanted to share some Korean moments I had this week...

--Proselyting (sp?) carrying about 20 pounds of kimchee. A member gave it to us. She made it last November. We eat it for lunch.
--Hitting my head on the corner of a brick wall bowing goodbye to an investigator after a teaching appointment last night. Fortunately it was dark (though maybe the reason I didn't see the wall coming) and everyone was busy saying goodbye, so I don't think anyone saw.
--Having my bag and everything in it smell like soy sauce and garlic after carrying around a mix of sauce left over after a ward dinner.

Also, an investigator (who we dropped that night--sad. Lots of those lately) took us to eat Vietnamese noodles. She had been to Vietnam, and so I was asking her about it as we ate. She said, they're Communist, you know? I didn't know. I should have. I heard that and I thought, oops, we lost that war, didn't we?

We've been visiting a lot of less active members lately--well, maybe three this week? One of the women finally said it--you can tell the missionaries anything, they just come and go. These people tell us exactly why they're not coming to church. I just wish my Korean was better--and that I had some answers for them. I just have "missionary answers," as someone once put it. Pray. You can always pray, even when other things look to hard. Read the scriptures--that's one way we can get answers, and sometimes we find things that are specifically for us. Everyone is human--everyone makes mistakes. The Savior knows everything we're going through, and He will help us as we turn to Him.

I know those things are true. I know they are. I just hope...I hope people will listen--well, not listen, but try for themselves.

I love you all, have a great week.

--Carrie

No comments: