YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, April 24, 2009

Letter from 22 April 2009

Hello!

It's been a good week. Maybe I'll work backwards.

Yesterday we had a zone conference--a long meeting, filled with good things and lots of things to do better. Life is a work in progress. Goodness. A member took us out to dinner, and we had a lesson with Song Bo mi, the middle school student who just got baptized. We talked about the temples, and she listened so closely, looked at pictures, asked questions. It is amazing meeting with her. On the subway on the way home, we ended up talking with a woman who attended the Church and read the Book of Mormon when she was in college--fifty years ago. It was really extraordinary. The Church had just come to Korea fifty years ago--it was so small. She must have seen a really neat time.

Meeting with her, I wondered what I usually wonder seeing or meeting with older people--what they have seen. Korea has changed so dramatically in the last fifty years since the war. I want to hear their stories, their memories. See what they can see when they think back.

Tuesday we jumped rope for exercise and met with Kwak Kyon Jin, who lives upstairs in a two level house, and has to wave an umbrella in front of the dog chained at the bottom of the stairs to distract him so we can go up.

Monday an investigator fed us bi bim bap and her husband figured out his friend knows my companion, Sister Bang. His friend is a stake president.

Sunday we did a companion exchange, and I went to Kangdong ward for the first time. A woman who showed up at English class on Saturday asked me to correct an essay for her, and said she'd come to church so we could look it over on Sunday. She came and sat in another room during the meeting, working on her essay.

Saturday there were only two people at English class. We met a member--a high school student--and practiced English and did a gospel lesson at the church. There was a ward activity going on later that night, and half the ward primary children came in in a herd, and we talked to all of them about how Joseph Smith restored Christ's gospel.

Friday I didn't write in my journal.

Thrusday--preparation day--Sister Bang and I found an art museum on a map. We went, and it turned out they had a special Gustav Klimpt exhibit. I had wanted to see it--I had seen it advertized--so I was really excited. We also got hearded into some opening event where they were serving a buffet. A nice buffet. Catered. Sister Bang asked a few times--are you sure we can eat?

Yes, yes, they said. Enjoy.

I love you all!

--Carrie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow that is a talented article.. I' m get a kick it.. obedient post
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]