YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Letter from 4 March 2009

Hello!

A quick one:)

This Sunday we had a baptism--the mother of the members of the ward. I got asked to give a talk on baptism and the Holy Ghost, which took a bit of preparation, but went all right. The service was after sacrament meeting. When sacrament meeting ended, all at the same time I was trying to say hello to one member and follow Sister Bong who was hurrying me to get Kim Jae rae dressed and ready and then Jae rae's daughter in law handed me a set of scriptures I was supposed to write a nice note and sign it (I don't actually really do that well in Korean)...but it all came together and she got baptized and it was wonderful.

A lot of investigators have dropped us lately, so we've spent a lot of time looking up addresses in the stake directory and walking and looking for their houses to try to visit them. Slow going. And Sister Bong has a hole in her shoe so her feet get wet when it rains.

This week we met again with a woman who wants to do the English program--but turns out isn't too interested in the gospel message. We met her with a member from the ward. The member bore her testimony of why she knows this gospel is true, why she lives this way...and, as Sister Bong explained to me after, the investigator just told her she was wrong to think that way. This went on for a half hour.

The member was absolutely wonderful, though, and she bought us ho dok--all of us, including the investigator--as we waited for the bus. She has a huge smile and likes red, and I don't think I will forget how as we waited, her smiling at me, waiving me over to the ho dok stand--"you must be hungry!"

With love,

Carrie

No comments: