YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift!

Hello!

Another quick one--I had lots of emails to respond to this week, so thanks:)

We've been really busy this week--three or four or five appointments every day, plus travelling to them--busy! The mission president and his wife visited our apartment this week so he could do interviews for the transfer, which was fun.

That day was probably one of the best so far. After interviews, we went to one of the churches we're working in to meet an investigator, Sae won. We had a good lesson--me stumbling through in Korean. Earlier this week we had a day where Sister Romney kind of taught everything. It made me kind of mad. So I'm trying to teach more of the lessons, even though I don't feel like I have the vocabulary or lesson plans memorized to do them like I want to. I just try to get sentences out, and sometimes it requires a lot of patience from everyone. During this lesson, Sae won asked a question, and as I was trying to add my thoughts to what Sister Romney was saying, I kind of just looked strait at Sae won for a minute, trying to gather the words to say it, and all I could think about was how badly I wanted her to understand what I was saying. How badly I wanted to talk to her.

Sae won made us lasagna--really good lasagna, and garlic toast from bread she made herself. And salad. She always cooks for us and packs it up for after our lessons, and she's a good cook. It was the first time I'd had Italian food since being here. I was surprised at how good it tasted to be eating it.

Our next appointment cancelled, so we decided to drop by the house of a member. Song man and his wife Ing dok. I had wanted to visit them for awhile--being told that it's important to know the senior members of the ward. That respect for them and from them matters in how the rest of the members see you.

Song man is the oldest member of Songpa ward--92. He was so excited to see is, so warm and kind to us. His wife, Ing dok, really isn't doing well, but we visited with them and sang a hymn with Song man. Seeing how he cared for and loved his wife was really neat. Seeing his love for the church was really neat. We sang the hymn "How Firm a Foundation," and he was certainly exemplary of it.

We had a dinner appointment with Jong sook. She fed us pounds of meat--I was kind of sick after (for like a day after), and thought about how my brother in law Brad threw up once at a dinner appointment with members. I was a bit nervous. It was really good meat, though. She has shared some experiences she's had that have helped her really feel an obligation to help the missionaries. I feel we are connected. And again, I am grateful for her firm foundation and service.

We talked a bit long, so she gave us a ride back to the church for our last appointment of the day. It was good to see people, good to learn from them. A good day.

My time is up. I love you all, have a wonderful week!

--Carrie

No comments: