YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sweet memories: Why was a humming as if I know

2-18-09

Hello!

A big week! An investigator had a baptisimal interview, someone taught us to make kim chee stew, and I have a new companion! Exciting things.

Sunday was stake conference, so we went to church at a different chapel. It's a new building, four stories, big! I was surprized when I saw it. In the elevator there's an "F" button instead of a "4," since four is a bad-luck number in this part of the world (like how some buildings in the US don't have a 13th floor...right? Or am I making that up?). After the meeting, kim bap (like sushi) and tangerines and dak (glutenous rice dumplings...sort of...) were passed around and Sister Romney made small talk with people while we waited for Kim Jae rae in her baptisimal interview. She passed.

Also this week we got phone calls about transfers. All the sisters but one pair got moved around. I am staying in the same area, and my new companion is Sister Bang Ae ra. Her name, Ae ra, means "piles of love." I was excited when the mission president told me--I couldn't ask for anything better. Everyone says she's an angel, and since meeting her this morning, she has lived up to that. And I'm so excited to be with a Korean sister! I'm grateful, too, that she doesn't speak much English. I want so, so badly to learn Korean and Korea. I am excited.

I am super nervous, though, that I'm the one who's supposed to know this area. Ahh! We spent some time looking through the record books today and I don't know many people in them. And navigation is going to be an adventure. Thankfully, Sister Romney will still live in the same house! She got transferred to the other side of the stake--she moved across the hall. I'm grateful she's there to answer questions, help Sister Bang get to know the area too, etc.

Since Sister Romney knew she was leaving, there were lots of goodbyes this week. She loves kim chee stew, so last night Lee Mi hae showed us how to make it. I made some more for everyone this afternoon, and it turned out pretty good.

I send my love!

--Carrie

No comments: