YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Wedding Continued

Decoration progression...





And the festivities:
It was windy. Cold, cold wind.


All the bridesmaids getting dressed and getting their hair done in the girl's bathroom at the reception site made me think of when I used to do dance meets.

Sneaking out to decorate the car. The sight of all of us jaywalking in our matching pinks was impressive.
I lead everyone the wrong way to where the car was parked. We climbed.

The whole night, my nephew Gabe would run to the stage whenever someone wasn't holding him--my brother-in-law was on keyboard and Gabe loves drum sets. He also liked the paper lanterns--he would grab three at a time and run yelling, "Balloons! Pink balloons!"


Our handiwork. Christian was really worried about his car, and he and Dagny sat down with my sister Emmy and I the night before and made us agree to a few car-decorating stipulations. One of those was that we weren't supposed to let friends come--Dagny was scared about how imaginative they would be. So I saw this group of friends in the photo as we were leaving to decorate but didn't invite them to come. Ironically, the two groomsmen who did come help broke most of the agreed-upon stipulations, and the feared friends who weren't invited helped them clean it off so they could drive away.

No comments: