YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Letter from 29 July 2009

Hello!

Sometimes I get letters or emails from people and they have great news, they've been up to interesting things...and I think about what I can write back, and there isn't a whole lot! A mission is actually kind of regular--pretty much the same schedule, doing the same things, teaching the same lessons...or maybe I just need to see life more creatively.

This week we had another lesson with Byun Shin Jeong. She's the one we've met with for awhile, she's thinking about baptism. During the lesson she asked me all of a sudden what I was looking for in a husband. I'm not quite sure why she was thinking about that...anyway, she said the members of are church are pretty much what she's looking for. She wants to marry someone who doesn't drink, who doesn't smoke, who's good with kids, and who's a good dancer. She said it's really rare that men in Korea don't drink or smoke--and she said that the church members were good to their kids, to family. It was interesting to hear her talk about it--talk about it like she was already a member of the church!

This is the last week of the transfer--I find out this Saturday what will happen with companions, areas, etc. So I'll let you all know!

Much love,

Carrie

No comments: