YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Twenty-Four

This is my last night of being 24 years old. The other day, a song named "What's So Bad?" by a band called Motive came up in the shuffle on my iPod. I had forgotten about the song. The only reason I had bought it several months ago was because it is about being 24--and I'm 24. But that won't apply tomorrow.

This got me thinking, though, about songs that talk about age and about getting older. So I'm going to share a few, in chronological order (kind of).


Frank Sinatra--It Was a Very Good Year

I first heard this song on some TV show when I was probably about 8. I thought it was absolutely hauntingly beautiful.




Five For Fighting--100 Years

I was about 15 years old when this song (about being 15) came out. I remember watching Channel 1 at school every morning. There was an anti-drinking ad that asked, where will you be in a year? In five? In 10? I remember counting the years on my fingers, thinking about how old and where I'd be. Interesting that that 10 years has past.




Bright Eyes--Landlocked Blues

I discovered Bright Eyes sometime towards the beginning of my time in college. This song--and it's line about being 22--was in a playlist I would play almost every night.




Motive--What's So Bad?

...which I bought because I was 24. 

No comments: